Question 1A

'Question 1A requires you to describe and evaluate your skills and the development over the course of your production work, from Foundation to Advanced Portfolio. The focus must be on skills development in terms of one or two of the following; digital technology, creativity, research and planning, post production or using conventions from real media texts'.


In comparison to last years AS product I believe that the main product for my A2 project is much better. Approaching the virtually the same project again I was eager to work with someone who I knew would help to produce the best piece of work possible. I chose to work with John Wood, with whom I worked with last year also.

I will now evaluate my skills and development from AS to A2 in terms of creativity and digital technology.

- Creativity

In terms of creativity, John and myself had no problem with coming up with ideas to pursue for our A2 project as we share mutual appreciation for the same genres of film and so therefore chose to create a hybrid genre of Neo Noir/Mobster as we thought this would be a new and exciting genre to work in. We used moodboards and watched films relating to said genre. From the previous year we found this to be very useful and inspirational and so used the technique again to help us create our project. This was not the case, however, for last years AS project due to the fact that there were four people in my group including myself and our tastes and obviously our opinions varied greatly and so therefore faced difficulties in creating the project.

Due mainly to the facts stated above I believe that is the main reason as to why, creatively, the A2 project has been more successful.

Below is the video for my AS project which though I am proud of I feel it is not as good as my A2 project.





- Digital Technology


In terms of digital technology personally I have made vast improvements. Being able to develop my camera skills from last year allowed me to be more confident this year constructing and framing interesting and different angles for my A2 project.

Also, I have gained knowledge concerning the editing procedures of my project. Myself and John were introduced to a piece of editing software called 'Final Cut Pro' which allowed us to use our skills from last year and develop new ones with
this particular piece of software.



Lastly, the following statements have enabled me to work quicker and more efficiently whilst creating my project:

- Camera skills i.e use of tripod
- Ability to get footage from camera to computer for editing
- Ability to use various shot types for a single scene
- How to storyboard more efficiently and realise its importance
- It is better to film more than one take for each scene/shot
- Working in pairs is easier


No comments:

Post a Comment